10 Kitchen Tips
Kitchen tips can help us prepare perfect recipes every time.
- To achieve sturdy egg whites or airy whipped cream, start beating them at low speed and gradually increase to maximum speed once they begin to foam.
- Place a wooden spoon across a boiling pot to prevent it from overflowing.
- To prevent eggs from cracking in boiling water, make a small hole at the top of the egg with a needle.
- For a fluffy mashed potato, add a pinch of baking soda before mixing all the ingredients. This trick helps to aerate the mixture.
- To grate vegetables and raw foods more easily, coat your grater with oil so that they slide smoothly.
- If your rice is overcooked, rinse it under cold water to remove excess starch. Drain it and then reheat it gently in a pan over low heat.
- The secret to a foolproof mayonnaise? Firstly, beat the egg yolk well and slowly add neutral oil, whisking with dedication.
- If your custard has overcooked and contains lumps, pour it into a plastic bottle and shake vigorously to achieve a smooth consistency.
- If your salad has wilted, soak it in sweetened water for an hour to regain its crispness.
- Put the whisk and the mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before whipping cream. The cold temperature allows the fat in the cream to trap air more easily, resulting in a lighter texture.